To avoid blog-inertia, I thought I’d do a quick update on my (second) week in London. Of course, a lot of it involves yummy lunches and dinners with colleagues and friends, but I have managed to squeeze some more interesting things into this week. (Mostly thanks to GoogleMaps who tell me where I’m going.) Of course, I look haggard and will not complain about child-induced tiredness again (or for at least a few months).
This week, I:
- Enjoyed art lessons with Nick Malone
- Avoided heart failure and found zen at YogaHaven‘s fabulous Hot Flow class
- Continued to love my job and great colleagues (they bought me gin, what can I say?)
- Chatted with my gorgeous family and was relieved to i. see they were surviving happily without me and ii. not possessed
- Traumatised some of my aforementioned colleagues with a dodgy story about the Krankies that can only be repeated in person
- Laughed my arse off at the fantastic American Hustle
- Bought wine for the amazing Mikey at the AlleyCat (and watched his bromance with my crazy friend unfold before my eyes)
- Avoided fire-bombing any Vodafone store I came across after the horrendous service of the last week
- Didn’t kiss Oyster/ TfL or Apple, although I wanted to
- Devoured the beautiful Klee exhibition at the Tate Modern…and watched my friend ‘enjoy’ her first fish & chips after
After that squeezed into a week, I’m ready to sleep for 3 or 4 days.